Wacky Wok Restaurant – New York style Chinese cuisine
Chinese Plum Chicken
Chinese Plum Chicken ingredients list:
– 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and split (about 1lb).
– 1 cup of oriental plum sauce.
– ¼ cup of onion, minced.
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
– ½ teaspoon of dry mustard.
– ½ teaspoon of ground ginger.
– ¼ teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds, or crushed anise seeds.
– ¼ teaspoon of lemon extract.
– ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
– ¼ teaspoon of Tabasco sauce.
Instructions for Chinese Plum Chicken:
Rinse the chicken; then pat dry and place in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine all of the other ingredients, then pour over the chicken.
Bake the chicken, uncovered, at 400°F (200°C) for 25 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the thickest part.
Serve chicken with sauce on top.